Saturday, December 6, 2008

Michael Smith - Sacramento Kings

Michael Smith - Champion 48

I'll start off with a pretty rare one. Most people won't remember the player Michael Smith but he was a servicable player for the Kings in their Richmond days. He was a second round pick in the very deep 1994 draft and averaged over 9 rebounds in his third year in the league. He couldn't hit a free throw to save his live though as he hit only 53% over his career.

After the Kings he played for the Grizzlies and Wizards before dissapearing from the NBA. For some reason I always thought he'd have a decent NBA career, but his only lasted seven seasons tallying over 3000 rebounds and 2500 points.

I just kind of stumbled upon this jersey while browsing Ebay listings. That's the beauty of Ebay, you can find stuff you didn't even know excisted. This one ran me about 8 dollar excluding shipping. Really nice jersey for really not much money, seeing I'm a fiend for obscure jerseys.

Anybody who knows what he does nowadays?

1 comment:

  1. I had a chance to get a Michael Smith jersey back in 1995 but I got Brian Grant's jersey instead.

    ReplyDelete