Saturday, December 13, 2008

Houston Rockets - Sam Cassell




Here we have a legit replica Sam Cassell Houston Rockets jersey. I picked this up in Traverse City in the fall of 1994 while vacationing up north. One of the things I enjoyed doing as a high school youth, was to travel to various shopping malls while looking for jerseys. I had already got an Olajuwon and Vernon Maxwell Rockets jersey but the only obscure jerseys this mall had were a bunch of Rockets players. I guess it wasn't too unusual as they had just won the championship. They had a good selection. Of course they had Hakeem, as well as Thorpe, Maxwell, Smith, Horry, and Cassell. I was most interested in Horry and Cassell. I purchased this Cassell jersey because I had never seen it prior. So there you have it. Sam Cassell would play for many teams and bring success to where ever he landed but it was only recently would he realize something that has eluded him since his first two seasons… another championship ring. It was a good matching for Boston and Sam last season as his arrival solidified the point guard position and also gave Rajon Rondo some veteran partnership…

No comments:

Post a Comment